Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ABC Date Nights/"D"








 You don't bring me flowers anymore.

You don't bring me flowers
You don't sing me love songs
You hardly talk to me anymore
When I c
ome through the door
At the end of the day

Remember that song by Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond?  Well, my husband used to bring me flowers all the time.  For almost any occasion.  I remember once I even received green carnations for St. Patricks Day!  One time, I, in my infinite wisdom utter stupidity mentioned that flowers were awfully expensive and maybe even a waste of money.  "We don't have a lot of money" I would lament..."and you don't have to spend it on flowers for me".  Well, I hurt his feelings.  And I never got flowers again.  Serves me right I guess. Fast forward to "D" day of our new ABC Date Nights.

This is what I woke up to that morning>>>>>>>>>>

He later confessed to googling name of a flower that starts with a 'd' which is pretty darn sweet if you ask me.  He also said when he went looking he had no idea if he would find daffodils anywhere.  Since it was early April, they were everywhere!   Jackpot!  Our date nights were part of our commitment to God that we would truly work on our marriage and I could not believe how extraordinary it was of Him to lead my husband to daffodils right in the heart of Spring. Not the first blessing we've experienced, but certainly one of the sweetest. Oh, and I looked up the meaning of Daffodil--"Symbolizing rebirth and new beginningsthe daffodil is virtually synonymous with spring." !!!!!
There were other highlights to "D" date night (which technically started in the morning!)---In addition to the daffodils, my dearest left me a donut which the oh-so-charming son managed to devour before I could get back from the gym.  For dinner we had chicken and dumplings and later we played a DVD round of Deal or no Deal, with the loser (him) having to serve the other (me) dessert.  But by far, my favorite part of "D" date night was the daffodils.  And, that, this isn't us, anymore--

                                                                        You don't bring me flowers
                 You don't sing me love songs
                 You hardly talk to me anymore
                   When I come through the door
            At the end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment