Monday, November 7, 2011

Date Night "O"

There are times when I question the wisdom of our great idea of Date Nights based on the alphabet.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's harder than I thought!
For "O" all I could up with was "Outdoors."
That was okay I guess.
We had  been working outdoors all weekend~~doing yard work, cleaning out the garage....Not exactly Date Night material (although my love language is acts of service)
But, since it was my turn to plan it wasn't about me.  Rats.
Lawn mowed, weeds pulled, junk cleared out of the garage and still all I had was "outdoors." I kept hoping for divine intervention in the form of an idea of something outrageously wonderful to do.  Nothing.
But-as they say, sometimes the simplest things are the best.
We ended up just going for a walk in the park.
Sat on a park bench for awhile.
You know what?  It was pretty wonderful.
Autumn was just beginning to show her colors, the sun was bright and the sky was that shade of blue that you only see in the fall.  We sat there on that bench together for a long time, satisfied with our weekend tasks completed and enjoyed the beauty of God's creation.
Just sat there and soaked it up.
Hmmm.
Outrageously Wonderful indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment